When researching my ‘Bad Christmas Songs’ blog a few days ago, I ran across a lot of music by Rock & Rollers that wasn’t necessarily bad, nor was it in the mainstream of Christmas, with a few exceptions, one being Bruce Springsteen’s Santa Clause is Coming to Town.
A host of other Rock & Roll outfits have tried their hands at Christmas themed music throughout the years. I’ll post a few of them here. If any of your favorites were not included, feel free to add them in the comments below.
- AC/DC – Mistress for Christmas
- Pearl Jam – Santa God
- Weird Al Yankovic – The Night Santa Went Crazy
- The Waitresses – Christmas Wrapping
- Lynrd Skynyrd – Santa Clause Wants Some Lovin’
- Ozzy Osbourne & Jessica Simpson – Winter Wonderland
- Twisted Sister – Heavy Metal Christmas
- Iron Maiden – Another Rock & Roll Christmas
From the sedate or sultry to the wild and wicked, pretty much every body has tried their hand at a Christmas song. To our good fortune many of them found their way to YouTube.
I’ll leave you with this one, although not from the rock & roll world, it is one of my favorite holiday parodies.
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsvY8PbhZi0]by the Bob Rivers Comedy Corps – The 12 Pains of Christmas